My life is crazy, which is entirely my fault. The baseboards probably don't need to be painted before the baby is born. And I probably don't need to use up all of the meat in the freezer either. But I kind of do. I feel the need to finally wash and iron my temple dress, which hasn't been washed in 8 years. And I lay in bed at night thinking about the bows I need to glue back onto their clips and the uniform skirt I need to hem and put darts in for skinny Elizabeth. Not to mention that I am homeschooling Andrew part time. How do I make a history and science curriculum? And math. I have been overwhelmed. The doctor said today he will take the baby a week early if I want, and both Jeff and I are nervous about having a baby so soon. I heard the vericose veins that are bothering me tell the doctor the sooner the better. The rest of me is wondering if I will still have time to clean the blinds, decorate the nursery, groom the dog and clean my closet. Not to mention all of the projects I have for Jeff to do. He is too busy to finish the fence. And we are both tired from seminary. I get to wake up to the pounding of shoes down the stairs and then hymns being sung. Early--before 6 am. And then I go to bed alone because Jeff has to ponder the beattitudes at night. And during the night I dream about wierd things like being at the US Embassy in Paris because Anna fell off a two story building and broke her legs.
I feel better. Next time I will write this in my private journal. Forgive the ramblings of a seriously pregnant woman.
11 years ago
3 comments:
sounds much too close to home...ahh the last few weeks. Don't you love the dreams. Baby names: I think you should go with anything that starts with an E--create a pattern of names...
Love ya,
Janae
Phew! I'm not the only one! There is so much to do and I'm not even pregnant! You are homeschooling Andrew part time? Wow. You are ambitious. Let me know how that goes. But you are amazing. I was always so impressed by how organized and efficient you are! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Hang in there! I'm thinking of you. I'm sort of glad to hear of your crazy life, because I am having hormone-related craziness as well. I mean, is it normal to stay up until 2 in the morning in severe anxiety over who I am going to vote for for president and the state of our nation and the fact that I feel like there is no one I can support. I know I'm irrational, but I can't help it. I, like yourself, feel like I'm losing my mind. Fun times. Fun times.
Post a Comment