Sunday, May 4, 2008

20 Weeks Pregnant (And one day)


I am not photogenic. And I thought my belly was smaller until I saw the picture. Perhaps because there is a girl in my ward who has the largest pregnant belly I have ever seen. She gave birth to a 10 lb 12 oz, 23 inch long baby this morning in a birthing tub in her family room after only 4 hours of labor. Amazing.
I have my ultrasound on Tuesday morning and I am still debating if I want to find out the gender or not. I think not but Jeff wants to and is trying to sway the kids. Unfair.
I enjoy being pregnant and growing a baby. It makes me feel useful. And worthwhile. Especially when I can get over not fitting into anything.

7 comments:

Dana Broderick said...

You look great Melanie! I don't know if I could stand not knowing the sex of the baby. Maybe if I had both a boy and a girl. If you find out, you have to post! :)

Parkin Family said...

Wow! You still look amazing.
Have you been feeling better?
It is to bad you moved so far away we could do some pregnancy exercises together.

Kysha said...

You are a very attractive pregnant woman!! Let me know--if--you find out.

Aubs said...

I think you look very good for 20 weeks! It is just a small little thing poking out. I hope you are feeling much better now. I think you will have another boy.

Kimberly said...

You look so cute pregnant and you are so tiny. About the sex of the baby, I think you should let it be a surprise. We didn't find out what Gavin or Paxton were going to be and it was great. Our kids and both of our families couldn't wait until we called the day they were born and told them what the baby was. There was a lot more excitement than when we just called to say the height, weight and time they were born for the babies we had found out on.

Courtney said...

You look great! I hope I look that good in 4 weeks! Hope you are feeling better! We have our ultrasound on the 21st and I'm dying to find out what it is! I like to plan!

Eliza said...

I can't believe you didn't find out! I wish I could do that because it would be cool to find out when the baby was born, but I just don't think I could wait. Call me impatient. I like the thought of pregnancy making you feel useful. I'm going to remember that if I'm ever pregnant again.