Saturday, March 1, 2008

Leap Day




For Leap Year we decorated buckets and put stickers on them that say "Don't Open until Febrauary 29, 2012." The kids traced their hands and feet, drew pictures, and wrote the things that they like to do. They are excited to open them in four years. Andrew wrote that he is a "tall man" and referred to himself as a man throughout his note. Funny. Elizabeth can't imagine that she will ever be 8 and that she will be baptized next leap year. Anna had to sleep with her bucket last night. I wonder if four years will go quickly. I have no memories of the last leap year.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a great idea. Those will be so much fun to open in four years to see how much your kids have grown and changed.

Katie said...

I totally am going to do something like this with my kids. How much fun!

Janelle said...

What a cute idea! I will have to steal that one when my kiddo(s) get older!

Kysha said...

Great idea! Anna looks grown up suddenly!!

Aubs said...

Cute idea. How fun for your kids in four years.
Hope you are doing well and feeling better.

Amanda said...

What a clever idea!