Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Where in the World?!





Just today: What is the capital of Vermont? How long is Tennesee? What is a plateau? What is the largest city in Minnesota? What is the smallest city in America? Why is Hawaii a state if it is just a bunch of islands? What is the capital of South Dakota? What continent has the most ice?


All of the questions make my head spin, mostly because I can't answer very many. I am getting very good at the capitals, though. I can name most of them.


Andrew is very much into the atlas and world maps. He drew a picture of the earth and can name all of the continents and most of the states. He also knows quite a few of the major rivers and mountains and asks me constantly when we can see different places. He really wants to go to Indianapolis and Alaska. Perhaps Brian and Dana can help us with this. He is very excited to move to Colorado and tells me that after a year there we should move to another state. "We should just move to every state, mom." Life is very simple when you are six. While we were in Colorado Springs, Andrew called us every couple of hours to see what city we were in. And, as you can see from the picture, he lost another tooth while we were gone. The tooth fairy is richer at Grandma and Grandpa's house and now Andrew thinks the way to get more money is to lose more teeth. We'll just send the teeth to Grandma's house.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is so funny about the tooth fairy. When I went to CA a couple weeks ago I was afraid Jayden would lose his tooth while I was gone. I'm sure my dad would have given him a quarter and Jayden would have wondered why the tooth fairy was so poor that night.

Andrew is become quite the scholar! I can't believe how interested he is in all that stuff. He's just trying to help his parents review everything they've learned!

Courtney said...

He is such a smart kid!

You are moving? Darn. When are you leaving? Soon?

I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas.