Andrew got braces on yesterday and is suffering a little today. The expander at the top of his mouth is driving him nuts and he told me he ate only a quarter of a chicken nugget for lunch at school yesterday. He makes a really strange sound after eating anything, including applesauce and other soft foods, to try to clear the food from the expander. Fun. I also get the pleasure of sticking a key into the expander once a night for 24 days. We are grateful for orthodontia, a great orthodontist, and a good tax return.
11 years ago
2 comments:
We've just started orthodontia too! Andrew's woes sound so familiar. :) Zach's expander and braces are in two different phases though, three months expander, then 9 months braces, so I only have to deal with one at a time. I nearly gagged helping him "brush" the expander tonight...icky stuck food!!!!
So, I haven't been on your blog in a while and it appears that I've missed a lot!! Andrew looks great in his braces, but I'm sorry to hear he's having a hard time. Hopefully it'll get better soon.
Post a Comment