I took the kids with me to vote and waited in an hour line at a school gym. I was the only one with children and I have 4 of them. The kids knew I was voting for McCain. They were vocal. We watched the computer that night. Elizabeth came into my room in the morning and said, "mom, we (meaning CO) didn't win. It's a good thing I was born in Texas. And we could move to UT." Andrew was also very into the election. Good teaching moments.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Election
I took the kids with me to vote and waited in an hour line at a school gym. I was the only one with children and I have 4 of them. The kids knew I was voting for McCain. They were vocal. We watched the computer that night. Elizabeth came into my room in the morning and said, "mom, we (meaning CO) didn't win. It's a good thing I was born in Texas. And we could move to UT." Andrew was also very into the election. Good teaching moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very good teaching moment! I hope my kids will know how important it is for them to vote after they turn 18, and I think that is something they have to start learning young. And I love that you pulled them out of school for the museum. It is a great one, we've been once and loved it!
Your kids are so cute and growing up! Give us a call when you're out here.
Hi Melanie. I got your Christmas card. Yes, I have a blog, but it's a bit different--not so much about my kids. It's
queenannsplace.blogspot.com
I have been reading your blog for a long long time now. I even voted in your "name our baby" poll. So while you are totally in the dark about me and my family, I feel reasonably up to date with yours. Sorry!
Thanks for the Christmas card, and Happy New Year.
Post a Comment