Sunday, October 19, 2008

Priorities

Something has to give, but I am not sure what. I can't quite get to it all anymore. The beds aren't made and that drives me crazy. Anna really needs her fingernails clipped. Andrew can't keep his pee in the toilet. And Elizabeth is queen of craft projects that are all over my kitchen table. And all 3 kids are trying to sprout beans. Elizabeth decorated the house for Anna's half birthday party yesterday which means there are streamers everywhere. And Jeff has to have a cup for water that sits in the middle of my counter. I move it, he puts it back. A silent war I am bound to lose.

Not to mention the whole homeschooling thing. Perhaps I am in over my head? I told Eden today that I still love her even if I can't hold her as much as I would like. She did give me a half smile today so I know it is worth it. I am just always moving and would like more time to sit and cuddle my people.

7 comments:

Berly said...

Hang in there!! I know it is, but things will work out. And why is it that when the beds aren't made it drives us CRAZY!! I can't leave the house unless they are made.

Parkin Family said...

You are doing homeschool?!?!

Aubs said...

good luck with finding the new balance of four young kids , keeping the house sort of clean, dinner on the table, keeping yourself & Jeff happy. Be patient with yourself & remind yourself that some things aren't as important as others. It is o.k. if your house is a mess. My father in law calls it a "Happy house" I try to remind my self of that often as I look around at the disaster all around me. I love Elder Oaks talk on "Good, better, best" It reminds me that I need to Simplify often in my life. Cut out the non important things-which is much harder then it should be.
Your children are beautiful & getting so big!

Amanda said...

Just keep going--you will get there. I can't believe you are homeschooling--wow!! No wonder you are busy.

Eliza said...

This is why I am stuck at 3! Someday I will get the up the courage for a #4, but right now I am still too frightened.

Hans and Michelle said...

You seriously need to blog some more. Come on!!

Laurie said...

Yep, it is crazy with 4 but it does get better. Or maybe some of those priorities just slip away. Either way it seems to even out. I was even on time every day this week for both school and gymnastics so hey, it will come to you too!