I've been too hot to do anything but swim. My house is currently 82 degrees and it is 9:30 pm. We've been roasting and I am cursing the people who assured me that you really don't need air conditioning in Colorado Springs. They were wrong. Or at least they weren't packing around 20 extra pounds. The redeeming factor in all of the sweatiness is that our house does cool down by 3-4 in the morning. But paranoid me can't leave windows open all night long. The last few nights we left several windows open because I decided I'd rather be robbed than be hot another second.
We had tacos for dinner and the cheese melted by the end of the dinner. Right now I am eating chocolate chips from the pantry, which also are melted. Our bananas don't last more than a few days. Are you feeling sorry for me yet? Even Charlie lays sprawled out on our wood floor, panting. Hot. We are getting good at being out of the house from 2-5, though 5-10 at night is equally as miserable. I don't cook or bake anymore, which has been good for my pregnant physique--I've only gained 4 pounds in the last 2 months. My children eat a lot of Cheerios and ice cream. Andrew told me today, "Mom, I'm ready for winter because I'm tired of playing with the basement toys." Don't feel sorry for him because we swim almost every day and do lots of fun activities that involve air conditioning. Save your sympathy for me.
11 years ago
7 comments:
I'm sympathizing with you. I guess the difference is I have air conditioning. However, ours runs all day and all night and never seems to get cool enough. Pregnancies should be 8 months long instead of nine. Once that 36 weeks hit everything gets too big, too hot, and to heavy. :D Except, of course, that at the end of the pregnancy comes a live monster.....
Good luck keeping cool! Swim some for me!
I can't believe you don't have A/C! Yikes! I'd never be able to sleep!
Good luck surviving!
Good luck, Melanie. Can't believe your cheese melted! I guess no need for a microwave. Sorry--hopefully, you've hit the high mark of the summer heat and it will only get cooler from here.
i can't believe that! in Alaska we didn't have air conditioning but going back there, i have to say there were a couple weeks of hotness and the widows were wide open. i can't imagine it in Co Springs! is everyone's house like that?
I feel your pain. I don't have AC either. I have no idea why they don't build every house here with AC. Its not safe or healthy with small children. I have found an ice block in front of a fan helps take the edge off at night. Set the ice in a roasting pan.
Sorry the heat is so miserable right now. I did laugh at your comment that you'd rather be robbed than hot, too funny!
Post a Comment