Elizabeth is working on a craft, which she hasn't done for a long time. She is making a girl out of a paper plate, buttons, pipe cleaner, and a ridiculous amount of glue. I said, "Elizabeth, I love to see you making crafts!" Her quick response..."Why? Because it keeps me from bothering you?" Elizabeth is feeling much better. We had a couple of scary nights so I took her back into the doctor on Wednesday morning. The doctor said she sounded terrible and that she was retracting with every breath. So she gave her a breathing treatment, which helped considerably so she prescribed me the medicine. When I got home the doctor called and told me that she discussed Elizabeth's case with a pediatrician who informed the doctor that the medicine she prescribed is only for adults so that I shouldn't give it to Elizabeth. So basically, if she turns blue and is on the verge of death, go to the ER.
Andrew is doing great. He has been asking impossible questions today--how tiny is Hydrogen? Is it smaller than a mineral? Can you cut a mineral in half? What is the smallest thing ever? What is a chemist (he pronounced it shemist) and what do they make? What is a psychologist? Why do we need those? All of these questions within the last few hours.
Anna is currently playing with the Playdoh she bought with her 3 dollars from Grandma Donna. She handed me the money for the Playdoh and then asked me if she could have it back. We've been having lots of economics lessons around here.
11 years ago
3 comments:
What smart kids you have!
I'm glad that Elizabeth is starting to feel better. I know how frustrating it is when they give you the wrong prescription. One night a few months ago Gavin was having trouble breathing in the middle of the night so I ran him into Wee Care. We got there at 1 am and finally left at 4 am after a breathing treatment and steroid shot to open his airway, and them monitoring him until he could breath normal again. The doctor gave us a prescription written under a different child named Gavin who was 11 years old. It should be fine he said, he just mixed up the files. The only problem was that the other Gavin has a different height and weight making the prescription too strong. We finally got it fixed and were able to leave.
Andrew is SO inquisitive(I'm not sure if that is how you spell it?) He asks so many questions.Things I don't even think about. Maybe he will be some famous inventer when he is older. I think he was blessed with a great gift. I hope it continues to grow & be nourished.
Post a Comment