Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What I Have Been Doing...





I am pregnant--8 weeks and counting. My official due date is September 21st. And I am sick. The picture of me is embarassing, but that really is what I look like. No more denial for me. My house is a disaster and my kids are watching too much TV. I have been amazed with how much time you can have to yourself if you don't cook, clean, attend to your personal grooming, or interact with your children. My kids and husband are champions. Jeff makes us all breakfast in the morning before work and when the kids wake up they can feed themselves the pancakes--Andrew and Elizabeth help Anna cut her pancakes and pour syrup, so when I finally drag msyelf out of bed, syrup is everywhere. And then the kids let Charlie out of his kennel and give him hugs so that his dog hair is stuck to the syrup that is everywhere. It takes me a good hour to clean everything up and then I have to go back to bed. Today I actually counted the lint balls on Jeff's pillow that were peeking out of the pillowcase. And I count the number of days until I am 12 weeks pregnant. And I have made it to World 6 on Super Mario Brothers. I have also memorized the "To Go" menu for Olive Garden because Italian food always sounds good--but I can't bring myself to eat it. The Chicken Scampi sounds excellent. I even gave myself permission to start up a Diet Coke habit thinking that it would settle my stomach. I failed at the addiction, but Jeff is getting hooked.
That is my sad story. I did drag myself to the church today for one of their millions of "Enrichment groups" to learn some Irish dancing. I had to come home and go back to bed. I am very much looking forward to Moab on March 7th--I get to see my family, run a race I am not training for, and most importantly, I will be 12 weeks and have high expectations for a settled stomach and a happy esophagus. My biggest concern--6 weeks of inactivity will have permanantly turned me into somebody I don't like. Time will tell...

16 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats !!!!!!!!!!! Will you please send me your new phone number when your resurface so we can catch up!

Courtney said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry you are so sick...that is no fun. It sounds like your kids have been good at letting you get some rest though. I hope it subsides at week 12!

I can't believe you are going to run the 1/2 in Moab being so sick! Impressive. Hopefully we can meet up down there!

Katie said...

Congrats on the new one on the way. I am sorry it is making you sick, but I will cross my fingers for the 12 week mark for you too. Good luck in Moab!

Aubs said...

Melanie-Congrats! I am happy for you and Jeff. I am SO sorry that you have been so sick. It is hard to be sick and have to take care of your kids. Don't worry if they are watching too much t.v. It is o.k. The time will soon pass. You are a good mom. Don't sweat it.
Good luck in Moab. Good for you! Are you and Jeff running together?
Your new house is beautiful!I love the pictures.

Stott Family 5 said...

Yeah congrats...I'm sorry that you are so sick...you could probably run a 1/2 marathon in your sleep! The house looks good, and I am excited to see you get big and preggers! Hope that you start feeling better soon!

Andersons said...

Hey melanie congrats on being prego. I am soo sorry you are sick, seeing how I have related to the whole sick thing....I AM SOO SORRY! Hopefully you will feel better soon. Your blog is darling, its so fun to see all your kids and house and everything. I hope you like colorado. Im sad you moved, not that I saw you too much but it was nice knowing you lived close. But im excited for you. take care

Kimberly said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I too know how it feels to be that sick. Diet Coke was the only thing that got me through the six months I was throwing up. I hope you feel better soon. You're such a great mom!

Janelle said...

Congrats! I am so sorry you are so sick though! I have been thinking about you guys wondering how Colorado is. Hope things get better soon! Keep in touch...I am going to link our blog to yours so we can get all the latest happenings of your cute family! Take care of yourself!

Bangerter family said...

Melanie, congratulations! Number four! Wow! Let me know if it is worth it! Sounds a little crazy to me. I am not ready! How far about will they be? I hope Colorado is going okay! Sorry you are sick! That really sucks! Hopefully it will end soon! Michelle B.

Parkers said...

Melanie CONGRATULATIOJNS!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. I miss seeing you every week and having Elizabeth in preschool with us. I really hope that you start feeling better soon. Thank goodness Jeff is so willing to help and your kids so independent. I just love your house maybe we will get down there and see you sometime. I hope you are enjoying your ward and nieghborhood. We sure miss you here. I loved seeing you at soccer every week gave me someone to talk to. Well thanks for keeping us updated on your family. They are so cute I wnat to hear more of Andrews piano playing. I am still amazed at all that. Well talk to you soon. Michelle

Tom Heath said...

You're cute even when you're sick!

Dana Broderick said...

Congratulations! #4 huh? I'm not that brave yet. hey, my house looks like that even when i'm not pregnant! :)

Kysha said...

I'm sorry that you're so sick! If you still lived down the street I would come clean your house for you, even though I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. Hopefully, you'll feel better soon.

Nina Olson said...

Hola chica. So youre all settled in Colorado? Well this is our blog so you will have to add us.

Nina Olson said...

CONGRATS!! NOT TOO FAR BEHIND ME.

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Morning sickness is death. I hope it is over soon for you.