Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Furniture

I have a list of furniture I want to buy for the new house. Stools for the bar was definitely number one. I was forced to choose what furniture to leave in Kaysville due to my husband's poor packing of our truck so Mindy's old white wicker ones are now at the DI. Our children were very excited to sit on the chairs and eat their ice cream. Next on my list--a big carpet for our family room and Roman shades for above the kitchen window and the windows in the office. I still need to come up with an idea for the back door in the family room so that the people behind us can't see what we are eating for dinner (Carl's Jr. Again?!). Any ideas? On my dreaming big list is a sectional sofa for the basement, a new kitchen table, and guest room furniture. Jeff assures me he will be making money soon. I'm not used to spending money without an income and I hope that I don't ever get accustomed to it...

7 comments:

Stott Family 5 said...

Melanie, your new house looks beautiful!! I can't wait to see more pictures of it! I love the barstools, and I am a terrbile decorator, so I am no help in that department, but I love the new furniture!

Kysha said...

Your house looks great, hope you are getting settled. I remember buying that 10 cent pink ruler--we didn't know we lost it! It will be something that Anna can remember Claire by--AAHHH--it makes me sad. She'll be shocked, again, Sunday when Anna's not in nursery. I like the barstools!!!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Wow! I didn't even know you had moved. We just got back from Utah and I had wondered. I'm so happy for you. I hope things go well for you guys. I have a huge "wish list" that maybe someday will be fulfilled. Right now, I am fulfilled by other things though. I do dream of a big island in my kitchen with one of those racks you hang pots and pans on. I hope you have fun furnishing your new home. Best of luck.

Kimberly said...

I love the stools, they are way cute.

Dave and Leah said...

Wow Melanie. What a beautiful house. I hope it makes leaving the last one easier. You'll have to post pictures of the outside as well, the view, the yard, the neightbor's dinner, etc. I'm glad you made it safely--when are you coming back?!
Leah

Dana Broderick said...

WOW! Your house looks amazing! You know I can't give you any advice. I am lacking in the home decor dept.

I'm glad you guys made it safely. Sounded pretty scary! Good luck with everything! We hope you love it there!!!

darce said...

Melanie,
Your house looks so nice! So I hear you ended up going to CO Springs after all. I hope you love it. I think you are right, they don't plow the roads as much in CO as here in UT. But the good thing is there are snow days! I love that and totally miss them here. Plus remember the snow melts usually and that is a huge plus. We are sitting here with a foot of snow everywhere and it's cold and cloudy! Enjoy the sunny days. Take care.
Darcy Jewell