Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gratitude



We made it to Colorado! And I have so many things to be grateful for. We are grateful that we survived the drive along I-80, following behind semis with our hazard lights on and praying non-stop--It took Jeff 15 hours! Andrew is grateful to no longer live in the Beehive state--to get to live in the Centennial State. And he is grateful that Charlie didn't have to get packed in a box on our truck. Anna and Elizabeth are grateful that Jeff figured out our Internet and TV so they can "rest in front of a show" after a week of no TV. Elizabeth is grateful to be 4--making friends is simple. She asked me last night why we don't have any friends yet. Someone from our new ward called today with a 4 year old and Elizabeth jumped for joy--"Mom, that means I have 1 friend now!" And Anna followed with an intense, "Can I go too?" I wanted to ask the same question. We are all grateful to live near Michelle and her kids and when the school assessment lady asked Andrew if he was a good reader, he said, "My cousin Hans says I read like a twelve year old." I am grateful for a husband who works hard and is taking a risk to start a new business. And I am grateful for parents who are supporting us emotionally and financially. I am grateful that I am no longer sick after 2 days of eating bread and bananas--and now my pants and my wedding ring fall off (Is this a blessing?). I am grateful that I survived a complete 360 turn in my van after taking Andrew to his first day of school. Did I mention they don't plow the roads here? And that the elevation is killing my running ego? I have to run a lot slower here. Now I am getting ungrateful. My new house is beautiful, my garage smells like poop (4 more days to get a garbage can), and I can see what the backyard neighbors are eating for dinner. I have a new vacuum, refrigerator, and finished basement. My life is good. I miss you. I am grateful for the things that have stayed the same throughout the move (the pep-talk I've been giving my children every night), most especially the gospel and my family. And I am grateful that you are forgiving of my grammar.
I am working on posting pictures of the house. Keep in touch!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Glad you made it safe and sound! Sounds like an adventure!

Kysha said...

I am glad that you made it through your white knuckled adventure to Colorado--Elizabeth barfing and all! I have not run outside once since you left! Perhaps I'll snap out of my depression soon. To cheer you up: you'll train for Moab in Colorado--then you'll feel SO GOOD racing back in Utah!

Kysha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Parkin Family said...

I am glad things are going well for you after that bumpy start.
Amy Hulse and I have been talking about getting together to work out but it will feel so sad with out you!!!
Sorry for being such a space case all the time.
Tell the Washing/Drying machine lady she can come and look at them first if she wants to.

Kimberly said...

I'm glad you guys got there in one piece. I'm also glad that Andrew gets to his dream of living in a different state. We miss you guys!

Amanda said...

I love the new house! I am so glad the move went well, I have been thinking about you guys! You always do such a great job of decorating-it looks great. I understand the want list--I have my own for my house and we have been here for a year and a half--little by little I keep telling myself.