Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Why do I try this?




I thought it would be fun to make candy cane cookies to take to our neighbors. My mistake, I guess. The kids had fun helping me so it wasn't a complete failure. Elizabeth cracked an egg and quite a bit of egg shell into the dough, which I couldn't get all out. We had to borrow red food coloring because my supply and Walmart's supply was gone. The cookies were trickier to roll out than I anticipated and when I finally did get some cooked I accidentally used the spatuala I was cooking fajitas with and got green pepper and onion on the cookies. We ended up with three plates to take to neighbors, one of which Anna dropped in the middle of the street. Anna ate so much cookie dough during this process, that she wouldn't eat dinner and when we put her to bed she threw up all over herself and the bed. So don't expect any cookies from me. If I can get my act together, maybe I will buy you a candy bar.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

How funny! I'm sorry the cookies didn't turn out and especially sorry that Anna threw up. It does look like it was lots of fun though.

Stott Family 5 said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Poor Anna, she and Jackson could be like twins, he always eats all the candy and dough, won't ever eat dinner, and always ends up throwing it up in bed!! As long as the kids have a good time..right?